Embracing the future through Innovation Grants
10,000 Americans turn 65 every day – the baby boomer generation coming to retirement age. As this combines with longer life-expectancies, the over-65 demographic will grow to its largest size ever! With elderhood in the spotlight, innovative thinkers, businesses and entrepreneurs are turning their attention toward creating solutions for people to live long, vital lives. At Westminster Canterbury Richmond, we believe there is no more exciting time to work in the field of senior services than right now!
Westminster Canterbury Foundation is embracing this forward-focus with Innovation Grants. This process, now in its second round, seeks to promote and reward innovative thinking by our workforce to improve the lives of those we serve every day – and prepare for an exciting future. Funding for our Innovation Grants is provided by unrestricted gifts to our “Areas of Greatest Need.” These deeply-appreciated donors are partners in finding new solutions.
This year, nine grants were awarded for programs and initiatives across the campus. A sample of the funded programs include:
- Training funds for innovation planning.
- Curriculum transition in the Child Development Center to equip children with social and problem-solving skills and enhance life-affirming intergenerational opportunities.
- Top-notch training and mentoring of all new nursing staff in our Mary Morton Parsons Health Center through a dynamic Preceptor Program.
- Coursework for every member of our nearly 700-strong workforce and specialized leadership development cohort modules through our Professional School of Learning that provide staff with knowledge and skills to implement campus-wide improvement.
- Comprehensive Wellness programing for both residents and staff to improve overall health and increase quality-of-life.
We are excited about the positive impacts these programs will have on our residents, staff and campus. To learn more about innovation for senior living please contact Anita Adkins at 804-264-6202 or firstname.lastname@example.org.