COVID-19 Update-February 11, 2022Go Back Go Back
Westminster Canterbury Richmond is pleased to see the number of cases in our region and especially in our community declining. Thank you for your support as we weathered the latest pandemic surge. Henrico County remains at a high level of community transmission, but we feel we can begin to reopen programs and services while maintaining certain precautions that keep us safe and healthy.
Beginning Monday, February 14, we will begin a phased reopening over the coming weeks that is outlined below. These details are subject to change if circumstances change. Updates will be provided. We look forward to seeing you as we resume in-person dining and other activities!
In-person dining services will resume gradually over the coming weeks. Dine-in reservations are required for all meals.
Monday, February 14: The Marketplace will open for Independent Living residents only to dine in person.
Monday, February 21: Assisted Living residents may also dine in the Marketplace.
Monday, February 28: Outside guests and Parsons Health Center residents may also dine in the Marketplace. The Canterbury Room will open for dinner only for all residents and outside guests.
Effective Monday, February 14: Marketplace Hours and Reservations Information
- Breakfast: 7-10 a.m. Call-Ahead Carryout and Delivery are unavailable.
- Lunch: 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Call-Ahead Carryout available by calling ext. 6259 after 11 a.m. Delivery is unavailable.
- Dinner: 5-7 p.m. Call-Ahead Carryout available by calling ext. 6259 from 5-7 p.m. Delivery available by calling ext. 6259 from 3-5 p.m. Deliveries will be made after 5 p.m.
- Sunday Mid-Day Dinner: 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Carryout is unavailable. Delivery is available by calling ext. 6259 from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- On Sunday, regular breakfast hours (7-10 a.m.) and dinner hours (5-7 p.m.) apply.
Independent Living Recreation and Resident Meetings
Recreation will resume group activities in mid-February with mask wearing and other mitigation steps in place. Residents may conduct meetings in spaces that allow social distancing and mask wearing.
Sara Belle November Theater
Beginning Wednesday, February 16, the theater will reopen to residents only for in-person programming. Masks are required. Capacity will be limited. Residents are encouraged to have two empty seats between parties. Outside guests will be permitted beginning March 1.
Current exercise classes will continue with social distancing and masking. Registration is required due to limited capacity.
Beginning Monday, February 14, small groups, Evening Prayer and Thursday Worship for residents only will resume with social distancing and mask wearing at all times. Outside guests will be permitted at events beginning March 1, including in-person memorial services. Worship services on Sunday at 4 p.m. will resume beginning April 3.
On Monday, February 14, Transportation will return to accepting requests for non-essential trips such as to salons, social outings and more. Social distancing and masking are required.
Shops on Main
The Shops on Main will remain closed during construction in the area. A reopen date will be announced once it is determined.
Here are some helpful reminders about ongoing precautions.
- All residents, employees, contractors, visitors and others are required to wear masks in all common areas including hallways and lobbies.
- Visitors are encouraged to wear masks while visiting apartments.
- Everyone who enters Mary Morton Parsons Health Center, Assisted Living, Rehab, the Clinic and the Child Development Center is required to always wear a mask.
- All visitors to Mary Morton Parsons Health Center and Assisted Living must be screened and sign visitation logs, including residents visiting from other areas of the community.
- Visitors to Independent Living only are not required to be screened at this time.
- Screening is available at the Avalon Entrance.
- We encourage you to stay up to date with us online. Check the COVID-19 Update page and blog at www.WCRICHMOND.org.
- Westminster Canterbury Weekly is a live update that airs on our in-house TV970 station on Thursdays at 3 p.m. and other times as needed. Recordings are available on TV971 daily at 10 a.m., 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. Summaries are available at www.WCRICHMOND.org. Please tune in to hear the latest news.
- Read The Westminster Canterbury Tales and Touchtown Community Apps for the latest event details.