COVID-19 Update-January 5, 2022Go Back Go Back
FROM: John Burns, President and CEO; and Will Blackwell, Vice President Health Services
SUBJECT: COVID-19 Update
DATE: January 5, 2022
Due to the outbreak of COVID-19 in our community, Westminster Canterbury Richmond has been conducting rigorous COVID-19 testing for residents and employees under the guidance of the Virginia Department of Health (VDH). Today, Westminster Canterbury learned that three Mary Morton Parsons Health Center residents have tested positive for COVID-19. They live on First Floor North and Third Floor North. These residents will be transferred to our COVID-19 Unit, which will reopen today. Parsons Health Center residents and employees continue to be tested weekly.
We continue to monitor the situation and are making temporary changes to program and service offerings as needed. Updates will be provided. Outpatient Rehabilitation Services are currently closed.
Current Employee Cases of COVID-19
A total of 47 employees have tested positive for COVID-19 and are currently recovering in quarantine. They work in the following areas: Assisted Living, Child Development Center, Dining, Engineering, Housekeeping, Information Technology, Mary Morton Parsons Health Center, Resident Services and Security.
Current Resident Cases of COVID-19
Thankfully, several residents who tested positive for COVID-19 are now considered recovered. In addition to the three current Parsons Health Center residents referenced above, three Independent Living residents and four Assisted Living residents who tested positive for COVID-19 continue to recover in quarantine.
Follow the Core Principles of COVID-19 Infection Prevention
Westminster Canterbury follows the latest guidance from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and VDH. Please protect yourself by following these recommendations.
- If you are concerned that you have been exposed to someone who may be positive for COVID-19, please contact the Clinic at 264-6231 to arrange a time for testing.
- If you have any symptoms of illness, please stay home and contact your physician or the Clinic for testing.
- Be vaccinated for COVID-19 and get a booster shot when you are eligible.
- CMS recommends that everyone wear a mask in public, indoor settings.
- Avoid crowded spaces or spaces with poor ventilation or wear a mask in these spaces.
- Wash your hands frequently and use hand sanitizer.
- Maintain social distancing of at least six feet.
- Follow CDC travel guidance.
- Follow quarantine guidance after exposure to someone with COVID-19.
- We encourage you to stay up to date with us online. Check the COVID-19 Update page and blog at www.WCRICHMOND.org.
- Westminster Canterbury Weekly is a live update that airs on our in-house TV970 station on Thursdays at 3 p.m. and other times as needed. Recordings are available on TV971 daily at 10 a.m., 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. Summaries are available at www.WCRICHMOND.org. Please tune in to hear the latest news. Our next broadcast will be Thursday, January 6, and will be virtual only.
- Read The Westminster Canterbury Tales.