Current Services and Guidelines-November 16, 2020
While Westminster Canterbury Richmond manages the current outbreak of the coronavirus in our community, we are shifting some of our services to protect the safety and wellbeing of our residents and employees. We are prepared to reopen as soon as we are able and are working to get there in the safest possible ways.
• Family visitation in all areas of living is suspended until further notice, except in end-of-life and compassionate care situations.
• Small group, Pastoral Care, Recreation and Wellness activities are suspended.
• The Fitness Center and Aquatic Center will remain closed until further notice. Please take advantage of fitness classes available on TV970 daily at 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. Other exercise videos are available through the Touchtown app under Videos. If you have questions, please call ext. 6669 and leave a message.
• Salon Services in all areas of living are closed. Products are available for delivery by calling ext. 6281.
• The Arts Studio and Woodworking Shop are closed. Contact Sarah Abernathie at ext. 6268 if you need art supplies or ideas of projects to consider while the studio is closed.
• Social gatherings in lounges, apartments, hallways and other spaces are strongly discouraged.
• Residents may be picked up by family members for off-campus appointments.
• The Galleria is closed to in-person shopping. You may place orders for delivery by calling ext. 1523.
• Virtual performances from the Sara Belle November Theater will continue.
• CVS Pharmacy will be open to one customer at a time.
• Outpatient therapy services will continue by appointment only.
• The Clinic is open by appointment only. Call ext. 6231.
• While in-person dining in the Promenade is suspended, delivery meals will be available. Instructions for placing orders for meals were placed in resident boxes.
Deliveries from Family and Friends
Independent Living residents who are able to meet their family and friends to accept deliveries may meet them at the Tower or Center Entrance. Those making the delivery are not permitted to exit their cars and are required to wear a mask. For deliveries for Assisted Living, Parsons Health Center or residents who are not able to collect their delivery, family and friends may come to the Tower Entrance. Courtesy Services will be available to accept the delivery and take it to the resident. This service is available Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. and Saturday-Sunday, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Transportation will be available for essential medical appointments only. We ask residents to postpone any routine appointments until further notice. Residents must wear mask and distance from drivers during transport.
Grocery Shuttle Service Continues
The grocery shuttle will operate Monday through Friday, accommodating eight socially distanced residents each day. Please limit trips to once a week. Due to limited capacity on the bus, residents will be required to sign up for grocery trips in advance at the Tower Desk or by dialing 0. Residents will be required to wear masks on the bus and while shopping and adhere to social distancing protocols. Residents must bring their Westminster Canterbury ID with them. Transportation will sanitize the bus before and after each trip. Grocery Shuttle Pickup Times: 1:05 p.m. Courtyard South Entrance, 1:10 p.m. Tower Entrance. Shopping Time is 1:30-2:30 p.m.
The Grocery Shuttle will visit the following stores on the following days:
• Monday: Publix at Virginia Center Commons
• Tuesday: Kroger at Staples Mill
• Wednesday: Walmart at Reynolds Crossing
• Thursday: Publix at Village shopping center
• Friday: Kroger at Willow Lawn
At this time, Westminster Canterbury asks residents to avoid hiring outside contractors and ordering items for your apartment that require service or delivery by outside sources. Limit those who spend time in your apartment to preapproved essential caregivers. Contract personnel providing essential services, such as private duty, housekeeping or time-sensitive financial services must be authorized via registration through Resident Services by calling ext. 6082.
Guidelines for Independent Living Residents Traveling Off Campus Overnight
Traveling off campus overnight is strongly discouraged at this time. However, Independent Living residents may choose to travel off campus and are encouraged to continue masking and social distancing. If time away includes traveling by plane, train or bus, precautions must be taken upon return.
• On the first day back in the community, you must be tested for COVID-19. You may call and schedule a time to be tested by our Clinic staff. You may also be tested offsite before returning to the community, including at sites that offer rapid COVID-19 tests, and bring results to the Clinic.
• For the 14 days following return or until negative test results are received, residents should self-quarantine in their apartment.
• If you traveled by other means but return and feel unwell, please stay home and self-quarantine until you can be seen by the Clinic or your physician.
• If you return from travel and have concerns that you might have been exposed or been traveling in a region with high infection rates, we recommend getting tested and following these quarantine guidelines.
• If you did not travel by plane, train or bus, and have no symptoms upon return, you may resume normal activities.
• For more updates, refer to The Tales, Touchtown Community Apps and TV970 and 971.
• Stay up-to-date with us online. Check the COVID-19 Update page and blog at www.WCRICHMOND.org.
• Live Update videos air on our in-house TV970. Recordings are available later on www.WCRICHMOND.org, www.facebook.com/wcrichmond or on TV971 daily at 10 a.m., 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. Our next Live Updates will be on Tuesday, November 17, and Thursday, November 19.