Memo-COVID-19 Update-April 11, 2021
FROM: Will Blackwell, Vice President Health Services
SUBJECT: COVID-19 Update
DATE: April 11, 2021
Mary Morton Parsons Health Center
Today Westminster Canterbury Richmond learned that an employee of Parsons Health Center Third Floor tested positive for COVID-19. Per guidance from Virginia Department of Health (VDH), Parsons Health Center Three South and Three East will be closed to visitors for 14 days. Compassionate visits will be allowed on Three South and Three East. Please contact the Administrator, nurse manager or social worker to set an appointment.
We will continue to allow visitation in other areas of Parsons Health Center and throughout campus. All visitors are screened at the Avalon Entrance and should check in at the nurses station to sign the visitor logs upon arrival and departure. Visitation in residents’ rooms is limited to one person at a time to ensure social distancing. Children are only permitted if they are able to wear a mask and maintain proper social distancing. Reservations for groups of two or more may be scheduled outdoors by contacting Carrie Martin at (804) 264-6276 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Independent Living Visitation
Independent Living visitation in resident apartments will be determined by the resident and should be based on the size of the apartment and the ability to maintain social distancing. Independent Living visitation is no longer limited to only two people in apartments. If visitors are not vaccinated, it is strongly recommended to allow for social distancing of six feet and wear a mask. All visitors must be screened at the Avalon entrance and receive a bracelet. All visitors should sign in and out at the reception desk nearest to the apartment they are visiting. Visitors are not allowed in public spaces, lounges or dining areas on campus. Visitors should enter the building, sign in at the reception desk and go straight to the apartment of the resident they are visiting.
For overnight visitors, preregistration and a negative COVID-19 test result are no longer required. Overnight visitation should be determined by the residents in the same way as daily visitors, based on social distancing and the comfort level of the resident. Visitors must be screened at the Avalon Entrance upon each arrival to campus and sign in and out at the reception desk. For emergency procedures it is extremely important to have a record of who is staying on campus overnight. As circumstances change or positive cases of COVID-19 are confirmed, visitation guidelines in specific areas may change quickly. Please check www.WCRICHMOND.org for the latest information when planning your visit.
Assisted Living Visitation – Avalon, The Gables and Monticello
Please check in on arrival and departure. Visitation in residents’ apartments is limited to one person at a time to ensure social distancing. Groups of two or more may visit outside or schedule a visit by contacting:
The Gables and Monticello
Sloan Verlander at (804) 264-6275 or SVerlander@wcrichmond.org
Ermelinda Chicas at (804) 200-1015 or EChicas@wcrichmond.org
Jennifer Kapel at (804) 261-5376 or JKapel@wcrichmond.org
Follow the Core Principles of COVID-19 Infection Prevention
Westminster Canterbury follows the latest guidance from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and VDH.
• Wear a mask at all times when around others.
• Wash your hands frequently and use hand sanitizer.
• Always maintain social distancing of at least six feet.
• Everyone must be screened before entering our community. Visitors receive a wristband.
• Follow enhanced safety and disinfection recommendations from the CDC, CMS and VDH.
• Stay home if you have any of these symptoms: fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or other new signs of illness. Visitors will not be permitted to enter if they have any signs or symptoms of COVID-19.
• We encourage you to stay up-to-date with us online. Check the COVID-19 Update page at www.WCRICHMOND.org for what to expect when visiting our community and more.
• The latest news and past updates are always available on our blog at www.WCRICHMOND.org.
• Live Update videos air on our in-house TV970 station on Thursdays at 3 p.m. and other times as needed. Recordings are available later on www.WCRICHMOND.org, www.facebook.com/wcrichmond or on TV971 daily at 10 a.m., 2 p.m. and 6 p.m.