Westminster Canterbury COVID-19 Update-December 27, 2021Go Back Go Back
FROM: John Burns, President and CEO
As the level of community transmission of COVID-19 rises in our region, Westminster Canterbury Richmond is carefully monitoring the situation. Henrico County remains at a high level of community transmission of COVID-19. The current positivity rate is 10.1%. Unfortunately, there have been several breakthrough infections of COVID-19 in our community.
Current Cases of COVID-19
A number of fully vaccinated individuals have tested positive for COVID-19 since December 18 and are currently recovering in quarantine. When Westminster Canterbury learns of a new individual testing positive for COVID-19, contact tracing takes place and anyone who may have been exposed is contacted directly. The current cases include:
- Five Assisted Living employees
- One Housekeeping employee
- One Child Development Center employee
- Two children who attend our Child Development Center
- One Independent Living resident in the Tower
- One Independent Living resident in the Courtyard
COVID-19 Exposure or Symptoms
- If you are concerned that you have been exposed to someone who may be positive for COVID-19, please contact the Clinic at 264-6231 to arrange a time for testing.
- If you have any symptoms of illness, please stay home and contact your physician or the Clinic for testing.
Follow the Core Principles of COVID-19 Infection Prevention
Westminster Canterbury follows the latest guidance from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Virginia Department of Health (VDH). The best way to protect yourself during these busy holiday weeks as you spend time with friends and family is to follow the core principles of COVID-19 Infection Prevention.
- Be vaccinated for COVID-19 and get a booster shot when you are eligible. Encourage your friends and family to do the same.
- CMS recommends that everyone wear a mask in public, indoor settings.
- Avoid crowded spaces or spaces with poor ventilation or wear a mask in these spaces.
- Wash your hands frequently and use hand sanitizer.
- Maintain social distancing of at least six feet.
- Follow CDC travel guidance.
- Follow quarantine guidance after exposure to someone with COVID-19.
- We encourage you to stay up to date with us online. Check the COVID-19 Update page and blog at www.WCRICHMOND.org.
- Westminster Canterbury Weekly is a live update that airs on our in-house TV970 station on Thursdays at 3 p.m. and other times as needed. Recordings are available on TV971 daily at 10 a.m., 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. Summaries are available at www.WCRICHMOND.org. Please tune in to hear the latest news. There will be no broadcast on December 30.
- Read The Westminster Canterbury Tales.
Thank you for your support as we work together to keep our community safe and healthy!