Westminster Canterbury Richmond Video Update to Residents-March 19, 2020-10 a.m.
Westminster Canterbury Richmond is keeping our residents up-to-date on the latest news related to our COVID-19 response. Hear from our 10 a.m. live update to residents from John Burns, President and CEO, and Lynn McClintock, Director Pastoral Care.
The following updates were shared during the live briefing on TV970.
Our employees are not going to wear ties for now, for everyone’s protection (and comfort…).
Another resident who was tested for COVID-19 has learned the results were negative – great news!
A number of staff who were exposed are under quarantine and are being tested if they have symptoms.
As we set guidelines for self-quarantine and social distancing, we are following the Virginia Department of Health rules.
• We have identified who has been exposed to the resident who tested positive for COVID-19, and those individuals know they have 14-day quarantines and may not leave their apartment.
• Residents who attended the Capitol Steps performance on March 9 should self-quarantine until March 23. We will call you individually today.
• For residents not under quarantine, you may go for a short walk outside, but otherwise you should return immediately to your apartment and stay in your apartment at all other times.
• A resident of Avalon who was temporarily in Parsons Health Center has been tested for COVID-19, and the results came back negative. Residents in Assisted Living may take walks in the hallway to stretch their legs but may not leave Avalon.
• All residents should stay in their area of living. For example, Tower/Garden/The Glebe residents stay in those areas; Courtyard residents stay in the Courtyard.
• Finance, Resident Services, Administration and other offices are closed. If you need help, please call and make an appointment. Do not visit those offices.
• Do not socialize with other residents. Practice social distancing.
Some staff are working from home and may call residents from unfamiliar off-campus phone numbers. Residents are encouraged to answer these calls.
Grocery Deliveries and Orders
Orders: Residents can place grocery orders with the Transportation Department (ext. 6263) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• The grocery order needs to be 15 items or less
• There will be an approximate 24 hour turnaround time on all orders
• This is available Monday-Friday
Deliveries from Family Members
• Family members may deliver groceries for residents every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 1-3 p.m., to the Azalea Parking Lot.
• Bags must be labeled with resident names and apartment numbers.
• Drivers will shuttle the groceries for delivery every fifteen minutes during the delivery window.
No 10:30 a.m. Chapel this week.
On Sundays at 4 p.m., we will broadcast A Sermon for Every Sunday.
Details of Pastoral Care programming will be shared on Touchtown Community Apps and TV971.
5 For God alone my soul waits in silence,
for my hope is from him.
6 He alone is my rock and my salvation,
my fortress; I shall not be shaken.
7 On God rests my deliverance and my honor;
my mighty rock, my refuge is in God.
8 Trust in him at all times, O people;
pour out your heart before him;
God is a refuge for us.