Westminster Canterbury Richmond Video Update to Residents-March 27, 2020-3 p.m.
Westminster Canterbury Richmond is keeping our residents up-to-date on the latest news related to our COVID-19 response. Hear from our 3 p.m. live update to residents from John Burns, President and CEO; Debra Jacobsen, Administrator Resident Services; Sherry Grady, Vice President Facilities Management; and David Curtis, Chaplain.
The following updates were shared during the live briefing on TV970.
We’re changing our live briefing schedule. There will be a briefing at 10 a.m. tomorrow. There will be no briefing on Sunday. Beginning Monday, we will have one daily briefing at 3 p.m., assuming no other changes.
We are adding programming to TV970 in an effort to help you combat boredom. The full details of this will be in The Tales next week.
• The Saturday Night Movie will air at 7 p.m.
• A Sermon for Every Sunday will air Sunday at 4 p.m.
• We will have additional wellness programming, theater performances, and more beginning late next week.
• More details to come.
Enjoy Virtual Tours on Touchtown Community Apps under the Social Media & Web app, where you can see the San Diego Zoo Live Cam, tour Yosemite and more.
Thank you for your thank you notes to staff that are being displayed on the Lower Level!
• Mail will not be delivered on Saturday. We are still waiting to learn whether we can resume normal mail delivery from the post office. More to come next week.
• Our newspaper carriers have returned and are delivering your newspaper each morning. When they arrive on campus, they go through the same screening process that our staff do to ensure everyone’s safety.
• UPS, FedEx, and Amazon are allowed on campus, but it is taking much longer for things to be delivered everywhere, not just on campus.
• We are moving from shopping at Food Lion to Walmart based on available stock.
• All grocery orders come out of your Declining Balance.
• Starting Monday, March 30, to place an order for groceries, please call ext. 6262 between the hours of 9 a.m. and 4 p.m., or send your list of 15 items or less in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• We can accommodate 20 orders per day, and we shop every day. Once we reach order capacity for the week, we stop taking orders and begin the service again on the following Monday.
• We urge all residents to ask family and friends to take advantage of our grocery drop off shuttle service that runs from the Azalea Parking Lot on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 1-3 p.m. Please practice social distancing.
Tower Laundry Rooms
Residents have asked about people leaving their laundry in the washers in the Tower Laundry Rooms for an hour or more and whether residents may be permitted to move a neighbor’s laundry. Please do not touch or move anyone else’s laundry. We ask everyone to be mindful of neighbors who may be waiting to use the washer and remove your laundry when the cycle ends.
Some people have been concerned about touching laundry room doors, outside mailbox handles and other surfaces. We want to reassure you that Housekeeping is continuously disinfecting surfaces, hand rails and door knobs. Please remember to wash your hands and avoid touching your face.
Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all their multitude. And on the seventh day God finished the work that he had done, and he rested on the seventh day from all the work that he had done. So God blessed the seventh day and hallowed it, because on it God rested from all the work that he had done in creation.
Keep watch, dear Lord, with those who work, or watch, or weep this night, and give your angels charge over those who sleep. Tend the sick, Lord Christ; give rest to the weary, bless the dying, soothe the suffering, pity the afflicted, shield the joyous; and all for your love’s sake. Amen.