Westminster Canterbury Richmond Video Update to Residents-March 31, 2020-3 p.m.
Westminster Canterbury Richmond is keeping our residents up-to-date on the latest news related to our COVID-19 response. Hear from our 3 p.m. live update to residents from John Burns, President and CEO; Scott Jonté, Director of Dining; Sherry Grady, Vice President Facilities Management; Will Blackwell, Vice President Health Services; and Logan Augustine, Chaplain.
The following updates were shared during the live briefing on TV970.
The Governor issued a stay-at-home order through June 10. This is in line with our guidance for all residents to stay within Westminster Canterbury Richmond’s gates. This order will not affect family members and friends bringing groceries to drop off for you on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
It is for everyone’s benefit for us to stay at home and maintain social distancing. We appreciate that when you are not out exercising or doing a specific task on campus, you stay in your homes. Thank you for your patience and grace as staff work very hard to keep you happy and healthy.
Thank you for your support of Dining with ordering meals and wine!
In addition to daily delivered meals and new wine delivery service, we are adding one more service called The Pantry. This is a way for you to get a few of your grocery staples directly from on campus weekly. It includes things like milk, bread, eggs, cereal, laundry detergent and dish soap, but the item availability is subject to change. This process is separate from the grocery orders being handled through Transportation.
The process will work in sync with the wine ordering process:
• We will publish the list of items for sale on a separate piece of paper that will be included with the Promenade menu and The Tales distribution on Wednesdays.
• Items will be added and/or removed based on availability.
• Instructions for ordering are on the item sheet.
• To place an order, please call ext. 1510.
• Leave a message with your name, apartment number, phone number and order.
• You will NOT receive a confirmation call unless you request it.
• Orders by Thursday for delivery on Friday for the Tower, Garden and Glebe only.
• Orders by Monday for delivery on Tuesday for the Courtyard and Homes on the Green only.
Housekeeping planned to begin bi-weekly services this week. Given challenges with the timing of employees returning from quarantine, we are postponing for another week. If you have a special circumstance, please call ext. 6241 to submit a housekeeping request.
We have noticed a significant drop in our linen inventory. It is important to give all dirty linens to your housekeeper when they come on your regularly scheduled day to drop off clean linens.
Meal Delivery Bags
For the brown paper bags used for meal delivery, please recycle them or throw them away in the trash chute along with your regular trash.
Parsons Health Center Update
Since March 18, we have been actively screening residents in Parsons Health Center for any concerning respiratory symptoms. We are checking all residents’ O2 saturations and lung sounds every shift.
Genesis Rehab Update
• The rehab staff continue to treat residents in their rooms within Parson Health Center only.
• Due to the recommendations of the health department, the rehab gym is closed at this time.
• Residents should not be using the equipment located in the gym.
• Westminster Canterbury Richmond at Home can provide therapy services in the apartment for Independent Living and Assisted Living residents. Call 292-3500.
Home Health and Hospice Update
Since we have been under strict quarantine, Westminster Canterbury Richmond at Home has:
• Provided 432 skilled visits to 54 residents in Independent Living, Assisted Living and Parsons Health Center
• Continued to provide full services including therapy, skilled nursing, aide and hospice care 24/7 to residents on campus in every level of care
• Collaborated with Genesis Rehab to continue rehabilitation services for residents since Genesis can no longer offer services in Assisted Living and Independent Living
• Provided five-day-a-week aide coverage for hospice patients on service in Parsons Health Center and Assisted Living to help with resident care due to staffing challenges
Scripture: 1 John 4:16b-19
God is love, and those who abide in love abide in God, and God abides in them. Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness on the day of judgement, because as he is, so are we in this world. There is no fear in love, but perfect loves casts out fear; for fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not reached perfection in love. We love because he first loved us.
Prayer based on the prayer for the human family from the Book of Common Prayer
O God, you made us in your own image and redeemed us
through your Son: Look with compassion on the whole
human family; take away the arrogance and hatred which
infect our hearts; break down the walls that separate us;
unite us in bonds of love; and work through our struggle and
confusion in this time to accomplish your purposes on earth; that, in
your good time, we may come to know you more fully and serve one another as
you have called us to do. All of this we pray in your name, Amen.