Our beginnings have no endings.
I am delighted to announce our new blog as another opportunity to talk about life lived well at Westminster Canterbury. Throughout our 40-year history, we have marked a lot of milestones, and we are now embarking on a phase of great progress as Westminster Canterbury leads the way as an innovator in senior living. The time is right to initiate this new digital conversation with our friends, family, staff and public.
We look forward to offering regular posts, and the subject matter will be varied and interesting. Here’s a sampling of what is planned:
- Wellness ideas for vital living
- The Westminster Canterbury Way — “TWCW” – our model and commitment to excellent service that makes this place extra special
- Creativity and its power to invigorate!
- Activities and programs (including our theater, arts studio, woodworking shop, flower rooms and museum-quality gallery)
- Inspiring moments of generosity shared at Westminster Canterbury
- Flowers, landscaping and decorating for all seasons
- Features on our residents’ honors and accomplishments
Introducing the blog is a special privilege for me since I just joined Westminster Canterbury as President and Chief Executive Officer. My family and I relocated from Illinois where I was most recently the Chief Operating Office of Presbyterian Homes. We look forward to being very involved in the Westminster Canterbury Richmond community.
When Rev. Gardner W. Van Scoyoc cut Westminster Canterbury’s first birthday cake in 1976, it marked a great beginning of many great beginnings to come. And here we are again. Please join us.