Coronavirus Response UpdateGo Back Go Back
Westminster Canterbury Richmond will be sharing the most up-to-date information here on our website at www.WCRICHMOND.org, Touchtown Community Apps, digital signs around campus or by turning your television to TV970/971. Employees will receive updates via email and the employee intranet. We will also provide periodic updates through printed memos and weekly issues of The Tales.
Continue practicing good infection control:
Continue practicing good infection control:
- Wash your hands and use hand sanitizer.
- Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze.
- Maintain “social distances” of around six feet from people who show symptoms.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
- If you need medical care, please call ahead to your primary care physician. Residents should call ahead to the Clinic before coming in person.
- Effective Thursday, March 12, Westminster Canterbury Richmond is screening every person who enters the campus with four questions and temperature screen.
- We strongly encourage you to limit your travel off campus. Every time you return to campus, you will be screened.
- Effective immediately, no outside visitors or guests are allowed to enter campus. Residents should call and ask friends and family not to visit. Stay connected with loved ones via phone, video conferencing, email, social media and other means. If you need any help using these tools, please contact Information Technology at ext. 4026.
- No visitors, including Independent Living residents, will be allowed in Parsons Health Center and Assisted Living areas. Staff will be medically evaluated before being allowed to enter these areas.
- Clinic practitioners will go through the same screening process as everyone else entering campus and will be onsite as scheduled.
- Special circumstances related to visitation will be handled on a case-by-case basis in consultation with the Infection Preventionist and Administration.
- All staff are parking on campus effective Thursday, March 12.
- Effective immediately, outside vendors and contractors will be screened and are prohibited from common areas.
- We will suspend all large events on campus, including memorial services, and communicate decisions about other activities and events in the coming days.
- Continue to report your travel plans and those of your family or any other visitors to campus. Residents should report to their social worker. Employees should report to their managers or Human Resources. Residents returning from travel outside the region should contact the Clinic at (804) 264-6231.
- The following are cancelled for the foreseeable future: Excursions, Grocery Transport, Theater Performances, Venue Transport and Outside Contractor Art Classes.
- Reimbursements for cancelled activities will be handled by each assigned employee.
- The following will continue as scheduled: Cultural Films; Saturday Night Movies; Resident-Led Activities such as book groups, social bridge; Staff-Led Classes in Fitness and Arts Studio
- The following are cancelled for the foreseeable future: Sunday 7 p.m. service, April 1 Catholic Mass, Lenten Lecture Series, Devotions
- The following will continue as scheduled: Sunday 4 p.m. service, Thursday 10:30 a.m. Chapel, Resident-Led Evening Prayer
- External clergy are not visiting campus.
- Community church buses will not be picking up for Sunday services.
- All dining venues are open.
- Dining is making changes to our usual services for increased infection prevention.
- Self-service options will be unavailable.
- All Catering services are cancelled.
- Westminster Canterbury will only provide transportation to medical appointments.
- Family members may pick up and drop off residents who are attending events off campus at the Center and Tower entrances only. Family members may not enter the building. Residents must notify the Gatehouse if they are expecting a pick up.
- Family members may meet residents at the Center or Tower Entrances to deliver supplies (food, medicine, etc.). Family members may not enter the building. Residents must notify the Gatehouse if they are expecting a delivery.
- No outside taxi or rideshare providers are allowed on campus.
- Residents and employees should not order delivery food from grocery and restaurant delivery services such as DoorDash, Grubhub, Instacart, etc. They will not be allowed on campus.