Making a Career Out of CaringGo Back Go Back
At Westminster Canterbury Richmond our workforce makes all the difference. Caring is our calling! Each member of our team strives to fulfill our mission – ensuring the best life possible for our residents, cultivating leadership in senior services and improving the lives of those we serve every day.
Recently, our Board of Trustees voted to increase Westminster Canterbury’s minimum wage to $15 – well ahead of Virginia’s 2026 deadline. Our leadership believe this is the right next step to supporting our dedicated team members who are key to providing the best senior living experience.
We also believe it’s not enough to give our employees a paycheck. We want to support them and make a positive difference in their lives with the same dedication and compassion they show our residents. In addition to excellent salary and benefits packages, there are many other reasons why Westminster Canterbury is a great place to work.
- Through Westminster Canterbury Foundation’s W·E·A·V·E (Workforce-Education-Assistance-Volunteerism-Engagement) Program, generous donors provide scholarships and emergency assistance and support volunteer opportunities that allow employees to serve seniors-in-need in greater Richmond. More than 150 employee donors are among the many contributing to this wonderful program.
- Employee wellness is fostered through access to our onsite Fitness Center, exercise classes and monthly Wellness challenges to inspire movement and healthy habits.
- All employees receive ongoing job training and development. In 2021, opportunities have included diversity, equity and inclusion training on respect and sensitivity for employees throughout all levels and departments.
- Children of employees receive discounted childcare at our award-winning Child Development Center located within our community.
- Learn about our many generous benefits.
If you’re interested in Making a Career Out of Caring at Westminster Canterbury Richmond, check out our current openings and come join the team!