Vibrancy! Construction News
FROM: John Burns, President and CEO
Progress is being made with the Vibrancy! construction project along with several other ongoing enhancements to our community. Here is the latest on what is happening next, including changes to how you will access certain areas. We work diligently with our project partners to provide accurate timelines for upcoming impacts, though sometimes unexpected circumstances cause changes to dates after they are shared. Please follow along on Touchtown Community Apps, digital signs, TV970/971, The Westminster Canterbury Tales and more to find the newest information.
- Promenade – The final touches are being made to the Promenade renovation. We will announce the grand opening date at Westminster Canterbury Monthly on Tuesday, September 6.
- Tower Lower Level – A new connector has been constructed for access between the Garden Apartments and the former Accounting offices on the Tower Lower Level. The connector will open on Friday, September 2. The hallway around the Fitness and Aquatic Centers will close the same day to prepare for demolition of that area.
- Fitness Center – The Fitness Center will remain open during much of the construction, though there will be temporary closures announced as needed. The Fitness Center and Exercise Studio will be closed Tuesday, September 6, 8 a.m.-noon.
- Tower – The emergency exit in the Tower’s northwest wing at the bottom of Stairway 2 currently leads out to the Ellipse. Beginning late next week, this exit will be blocked for the duration of Vibrancy!. Residents using Stairway 2 to exit the building will need to exit the stairwell at the Main Level and turn right to exit one of the Tower West Entrances. Additional information will be shared soon.
- Cochrane Pond – The walking path around Cochrane Pond is open.
- Avalon Entrance – Renovation of the Avalon Entrance continues and is expected to be completed in October. At the end of September, the Avalon elevator lobby will temporarily close. Additional information will be provided at that time.
- Village Apartments – Site work for the future Village Apartments continues. Building foundations are being installed.
- Maintenance Building – A new Maintenance Building is under construction.
Our monthly construction update video is the best way to see behind the scenes of all the progress. Join us for the next Westminster Canterbury Monthly on Tuesday, September 6, at 11 a.m. in the Sara Belle November Theater or live on TV970 to see the next installment. You can see the replay daily at 10 a.m., 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. on TV971. You may also watch on demand on Touchtown under the Vibrancy! tab.
- Touchtown Community Apps and Digital Signs
- The Westminster Canterbury Tales