Vibrancy! Construction NewsGo Back Go Back
FROM: John Burns, President and CEO
As the pace picks up on the Vibrancy! project, we share additional updates regarding what you can expect as these new enhancements come to our community. We work diligently with our project partners to provide accurate timelines for upcoming impacts, though sometimes unexpected circumstances cause changes to dates after they are shared.
• Promenade – A Ribbon Cutting and Blessing will take place on Tuesday, September 27, at 2 p.m. Dining will begin on Wednesday, September 28.
• Aquatic Center – Demolition of the Aquatic Center is underway. Heavy machinery will be onsite later in September as demolition takes place and the retaining walls are removed. There will be noise and vibrations in nearby areas during this ongoing work.
• Fitness Center – The Fitness Center will remain open during much of the construction, though there will be temporary closures announced as needed.
• Avalon Entrance – Renovation of the Avalon Entrance continues. The elevator and lobby area will close temporarily in October, later than previously reported. This work is expected to be completed in October.
• Village Apartments – Site work for the future Village Apartments continues. Building foundations are being installed.
• Maintenance Building – A new Maintenance Building is under construction.
• Tower – While the Vitality Apartments are being built, the egress plan for the Tower will change. Soon a wall will be constructed to block the exit at Stairway 2, in the northwest of the Tower, for the duration of Vibrancy!. This exit will not be accessible at any time, including in an emergency. Please see the diagram that follows showing the new egress.
Please follow along on Touchtown Community Apps, digital signs, TV970/971, The Westminster Canterbury Tales and more. The monthly construction update video is a great way to see behind the scenes of all the progress. It debuts at Westminster Canterbury Monthly on the first Tuesday of each month at 11 a.m. in the Sara Belle November Theater and on TV970. The construction video airs daily on Monday-Saturday, at 4:30 p.m., on TV970. Watch on demand on Touchtown under the Vibrancy! tab. Watch the Westminster Canterbury Monthly replay each Tuesday at 11 a.m. on TV970.
In a new addition this week, watch a livestream of the ongoing construction through two cameras that overlook the Village Apartments as well as the Vitality Apartments and Vital Living Center construction. Links to the livestreams are available on Touchtown under the Vibrancy! tab.