Westminster Canterbury Next Steps-May 28, 2021
Download a copy of the memo here.
Westminster Canterbury Richmond follows the latest guidance from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Virginia Department of Health (VDH). In coordination with Governor Northam’s orders to end restrictions on capacity and social distancing, we are making additional changes to programs and services beginning Friday, May 28.
• Residents may host outside guests in common spaces that require limited setup, such as lounges and conference rooms. Please work with the Courtesy Desk by calling ext. 6094 to reserve an appropriate space for your gathering.
• Events may return to full capacity for residents, including in the Sara Belle November Theater, Spiritual Center, Roof Terrace and other spaces. Outside guests are not permitted in the Marketplace, Kathleen’s, Sara Belle November Theater or other resident activities.
• Memorial Services will not be held at this time.
• The Fitness Center is open to residents 24 hours a day. Fitness class capacity will increase.
• Salon waiting areas are open.
• The grocery store bus will operate at full capacity. Please continue to sign up for the bus at the Tower Desk or by dialing “0.”
• Residents are free to move through the Lower Level.
• Offices are open and appointments are no longer required. We still encourage you to call ahead and set an appointment when possible.
• Clinic appointments will continue to be required by calling ext. 6231.
• Dining services will remain the same.
We will continue to monitor the guidance and review additional steps for reopening in June.
Masking Guidance Continues
At Westminster Canterbury, Mary Morton Parsons Health Center, Assisted Living and the Rehab area are considered healthcare settings. Masks are required for anyone visiting in these areas.
Fully vaccinated Independent Living residents and outside visitors may choose whether to be masked in public settings around our community. Anyone entering Parsons Health Center, Assisted Living or Rehab, including Independent Living residents, will be required to wear a mask. While we will not require proof of vaccination, we ask each individual to take personal responsibility for being honest about their vaccination status when choosing whether or not to wear a mask. Some fully vaccinated individuals may choose to continue wearing a mask out of an abundance of caution.
All employees and contractors of Westminster Canterbury are required to continue wearing a mask regardless of their location on campus. We will continue to monitor local positivity rates, vaccination rates and the latest guidance before making changes to this policy.
• We encourage you to stay up to date with us online. Check the COVID-19 Update page at www.WCRICHMOND.org for what to expect when visiting our community and more.
• The latest news and past updates are always available on our blog at www.WCRICHMOND.org.
• Westminster Canterbury Weekly videos air on our in-house TV970 station on Thursdays at 3 p.m. and other times as needed. Recordings are available later on www.WCRICHMOND.org, www.facebook.com/wcrichmond or on TV971 daily at 10 a.m., 2 p.m. and 6 p.m.
• Read The Westminster Canterbury Tales.